Wednesday, February 23, 2011



So it's been a year (almost to the day) that I published anything on this blog! I have a hard time stopping and taking photos when I'm working on shit, and an even harder time taking 20 mins at the end of a day to post some words and pix. I've got a lot of catching up to do. Finished the xs 400 chopper last spring, but worked on it for most of the summer, getting gremlins out. The charging system earned the bike the name "battery killer", bastardized from it's original moniker "zombie killer". The bike you see in these pics is my streetfighter, however. After several months of pissing around, I finally got shit buttoned down with the chopper, only to have the engine spectacularly hole a piston at 110 kph on a shakedown run! So I quickly rebuilt the streetfighter, which was in a million pieces being "worked on". The main frame is still in the process of being polished, and I'm still working out some cooling gremlins. The motor, however, being an 04 honda cbr600rr, is bulletproof, and despite being only 600cc's, rocks 110hp! I welded a new aluminum tailsection (with my new aluminum spoolgun), and fabbed up the bodywork from a minibike piece. I also modified the swingarm to carry the battery inside it! Oh, and I picked up a new streetfighter type headlight off ebay. I've learned my lesson this year. The streetfighter stays together while I build a new chopper! What's the point of having more than one bike if none of them are running properly!

1 comment: