Saturday, October 13, 2012

Tank almost done.

Well, welding and bondo anyways

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Rear fender

Some pics of the Led Sled Mohawk fender. Super heavy gauge and well made, I'm pretty impressed at the quality!
Led Sled Customs

Friday, September 21, 2012

Workin on the alien tank

Making a ridge to match my mohawk fender from led sled, and adding a sweet filler cap from lc fabrications. Should actually be able to get the full 2 gallons out of a tank!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012


Set up for passengers finally. Meaning girls. And stranded buddies, but the rule is no shirts then haha

New deck!

Well, one I just painted actually. Much better now :)

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Swapping the xs650 charging system

The xs charging system never worked properly, so I opted to do the yamaha banshee swap (permanent magnet), both for reliability and the option to go batteryless in the future. Not to mention being able to kickstart the bike on a dead battery. I had to fabricate an adaptor plate on the lathe (to attach the banshee timing plate to the crankcase), but other than trimming some of the timing plate, thats all the fabrication that was required. Instead of buying used parts, I opted for brand new ones from, a fantastic Canadian company. Parts required: homemade adaptor plate, Banshee timing plate, Banshee upgraded flywheel, and a Honda Hurricane stator.
It looks stock, and it went together super easy. At least once I got the stock rotor pulled it did! I didnt have the proper puller, or even the right sized die or bolt to make one, so after a lot of swearing and failed attempts with various 2 and 3 jaw pullers, I finally got it off with a straight leg puller from Princess Auto. First time Ive ever seen or used one!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fresh paint

Just finishing the clear coat on my tank. Im pretty damn happy about how it turned out. Credit for the concept goes my bro Csik (airbrush artist extraordinaire). Basically, I spraybombed a ton of different coloured layers on the tank, then carefully used sandpaper to remove layers to make the spots.